Many of our projects start with an expert review of your website, aimed at assessing where the current site(s) and systems are at present, and to feed back some prioritised recommendations for next steps.
The review will give you a quick, independent sense check of where you're at against where you'd like to get to, and is often enough to help people feel confident in the direction that they should be taking, or to prioritise their next steps.
You will be provided with a report of the findings across key areas, prioritised recommendations for improvements, and suggestions around what should happen next. We'll also talk through the findings in person, on video call, or on the telephone depending on what is most convenient. Concepts will be explained in an easy-to-understand way, with the goal of helping you to really get to grips with your options.
What the process looks like
The website will usually be reviewed from the following perspectives. These may vary slightly depending on the number of sites being reviewed, and the complexity of the related systems.
- Analytics assessment
- Responsive implementation
- Content management
- System integrations
- Project processes
- Code quality
- Technologies used
- Development processes
- Bugs found
- You get in touch and we discuss the project
- Paperwork signed
- Kick-off chat and initial information requested
- Review is carried out
- Findings and recommendations are presented back
Rebecca Evans, Founder at Write-Track
“I commissioned Sally to do a technology audit and was impressed by her right from the start. She’s an exceptionally clear communicator who was able to ask all the right questions to get to the bottom of the brief. She completed the task ahead of schedule and submitted a report I regularly refer to – four months after the work was done – and which has formed the cornerstone of my technology strategy. I highly recommend Sally and look forward to working with her in the future.”
Who can a review help?
People we have helped with website reviews have included:
- Established businesses such as Inghams and Ski Total who needed an independent assessment of their websites in order to help them to prioritise works strategically.
- Write Track - a start-up that had taken off quicker than expected and wanted help to sense-check their technologies, approach, and next steps.
- Another start-up who had an existing platform that had hit some major limitations, and they wanted to know what to keep and what to replace.
- A well-known CAD software vendor and their distributors, better looking to understand their customers' behaviour and how they could better support this.
Typical timings & costs
A typical review and feedback will take between a couple of days and around a week, depending on the complexity of the site(s) to be looked at. Ordinarily these will be done by Sally. Website reviews start at £1,000 (+ VAT).